Thursday 15 April 2010

First necklace made!


Now that my chain has arrived i've been able to complete the necklace design that I started a few days ago - Woo Hoo! I'm quite pleased with it actually, although not so impressed with the photography, I really need to make some improvements there! Anyone with any tips, they would be much appreciated.

I found the little wired flowers a while ago and have been itching to make them into something. I was thinking that they would be great for little flowergirl clips, but do rather like them in this asymmetric focal piece. I've used a combination of violet and tanzanite crystals with lilac pearls, and I thought the heliotrope heart worked beautifully with the other colours. The rest of the necklace is a silver chain, with a couple of crystal and pearl accents at the front. It is about 15" long and closes with a bolt ring and a 2" extension chain. The extension chain is of course finished with a matching crystal drop.

Now to get my thinking cap on for the next piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...