Friday 27 January 2012

Bits and pieces of busy!

Every day this week I have planned to write a blog post, and every day time has just slipped away from me! I've been so busy, working on so many different things - am really looking forward to having a rest this weekend!

So, first and foremost, Starstruck Designs has been listed as an Elite Supplier on Pavone Weddings!


 We work really hard to ensure we provide the best service that we possibly can to our clients, so to be recognised for this is a really wonderful feeling!

Its also lovely to see photos of the gorgeous Jess and Nikki being used on our listing, and I am really excited to have the opportunity to work with them again later this year.  They, and several other models will be working on a charity photoshoot, organised by photographer Rob Ferrol.  He is raising money for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and we have offered to loan any bridal accessories that they need for the shoot. 

In terms of new designs this week, apart from a couple of bespoke bridal tiaras (sorry, no sneaky peeks until the brides have seen!), I decided that I needed an injection of colour.  I love working on bridal pieces, but sometimes I feel the need to move away from ivory pearls and clear crystals.  In order to showcase the more unusual, less commercial, and often "One Off" pieces I make, there will soon be an additional collection on our website under the name of Starstruck Couture.  Here are two of the three headpieces that are ready to go!

Siren. Mermaid tiara, sea inspired mermaid tiara made with Swarovski crystals and pearls
Siren is inspired by the sea.  A tiara that would be perfect for a mermaid!  The entire design centres around a silver diamante starfish, surrounded by lustrous pearls in various sizes, and accents of Swarovski crystal in sea blues and greens, with a few sandy golds.  Teeny tiny Swarovski crystals in clear and Aquamarine are used to create the waves.

swarovski crystal union jack headband image.  Bridal union jack

Rule Britannia was inspired by a pair of shoes!  This Union Jack headband is created with around 500 Swarovski crystals in Siam, White Opal and Sapphire (or red, white and blue!).  The bow sits to the side of the head and it sparkles in a way that only Swarovski can create!  I shall be sporting one of these myself when I attend the Olympics in London later in the year!

And finally... this week also sees the start of my movie making fame (well, sort of!).  All too often I am told that the photos on the website don't do my designs justice - which of course is incredibly flattering, but there isn't really much I can do about it.  Or is there....  I decided to have a go at making a video of some of my products, to capture the utter beauty of their sparkle.  You can view the video on the home page of my website - Starstruck Designs  Or, you could just watch it here:


Please do leave us your comments - we love hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...